With a lot of competition between couriers, it’s important to work hard and stand out from the rest. We’ve put together a list of the top 10 factors that make a good courier better than average.
Top 10 factors that make a good courier
- Reliability – Customers must be confident that once the booking has been placed they can forget about it, and relax in the reassurance that if any issues do arise they will be contacted immediately.
- Knowledge – A good courier will not place all his trust in mechanical or computerised devices, such as Satellite Navigation. There is no substitute for knowledge and experience.
- Honesty – Whilst fortunately things rarely go wrong occasionally problems can occur. A “good courier” will consider the options available and then notify the customer who can make the decision on which course of action should be taken.
- Answer the phone! – All calls to a good courier will be answered by a full time member of staff – 24/7. No call centres, No answer-phones, and no string of options…. ‘for sales press 1… for accounts press 2’ etc.
- Clean, well maintained vehicles – Whilst occasional breakdowns are unavoidable, a “good courier” will do his utmost to maintain his vehicle to the highest possible standards ensuring the best levels of reliability.
- Courtesy – Whilst working he is representing you to your customers and contacts. Cleanliness, politeness and common courtesy are a must!
- Professional – A good courier will enjoy a friendly and helpful relationship with his customers. He will supply a personal service whilst remaining highly professional at all times.
- Fair Play – A good courier will carry out all work to the same level of excellence, regardless of the workload or spending of a particular customer…every delivery is of the utmost importance and thus deserves the same degree of care and consideration.
- Willingness to please – A “good courier” will revel in the satisfaction that he has successfully supplied a professional service to his client – a client that will be happy to make use of his service time and time again.
- Communication – Immediate notification of traffic delays, accidents etc enables the office staff to keep the customer informed if progress if a journey is affected.
This is a list of attributes we stand by, making Cambridge Courier Services one of the best couriers out there. By setting high standards, we ensure that our clients are always happy with the courier service they receive.
“The service your company provide is exceptional. Everyone is very professional and polite. It is great to find a company where customer service is definitely a priority. We use CCS for all our courier requirements, which are quite often last minute decisions and CCS are always accommodating!” – PA Consulting Services
Why not try us for your next delivery and see for yourself? Call us today on 01223 860 111.